Role: Dairy Nutrition and Management Consultant
Location: Wisconsin, United States
Salary: Case by case, competitive.
Travel: 70%-80% of work time is spent traveling to or working on farms
I am currently partnered with a repeat client, specializing in providing livestock and dairy producers with nutritional consulting and expertise.
The candidate for this role will work in a dairy consultant role (similar to an independent consultant), working with the dairy herds in the territory, providing nutrition, production management consulting, product development, animal health, and comfort issues.
- Strong desire to earn nutrition business by adding value to clients
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Expert knowledge of dairy nutrition and feed application
- Ability to analyse and interpret dairy records
- Ability to communicate well with dairy producers
- Proficient in running standard computer programs
- Strong commitment to continual improvement in communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong commitment to team building
- Ability to travel (drive) as needed to service clients, maintaining a valid driver's license and insurance
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities Scope of Work: Observe cows in their environment Monitor herd performance, utilising all available records Monitor financials, including feed costs, feed efficiency, and IOFC Listen to dairy owners and key farm personnel to understand the current situation and future goals Provide diets to best utilise feedstuffs available to the dairy and optimise production and profit To help the dairy solve problems that arise and capitalise on existing opportunities Work closely with management and farm staff to implement changes