We are working alongside our client in the Renewable Energy Industry based in the United States to hire a Program Manager.
Who we are
We are a dynamic recruitment and executive search agency that has evolved since our first establishment in 2012. We work with several high-profile clients, start-ups, and SMEs globally to help them source and retain top-tier talent.
Is a pioneering developer and operator of solar projects with a mission to change the world through solar technology and investment. With operations in multiple countries and over 1.5 GW of active projects in the development pipeline, this client is at the forefront of the solar industry, producing over 150,000 MWh of clean electricity.
Location: Remote, United States
The Program Manager based in the US will be in charge of leading the development of medium to large-scale renewable energy projects in the Mid-Atlantic Region, which includes North Carolina, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Indiana, and Ohio. Your primary responsibility will be to work alongside our in-state partners and local team members to oversee a portfolio of ground-mounted solar PV projects from the origination stage, through land acquisition, planning approval, and utility grid interconnection until the start of construction.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in related field is essential.
- Project Management Certifications (e.g. PMP, PRINCE2) are desirable but not required.
- Minimum of 5+ years of project development and/or management experience, preferably in the solar or battery energy storage sectors.
- Hands-on experience with the day-to-day management of projects and demonstrated track record of successfully planning and managing projects from start to finish.
- Proven ability to lead diverse project teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Experience and expertise with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with MS Project or other project management software a plus
Role & Responsibilities
The main responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Lead and manage development of a group of the Company’s renewable energy projects (solar and energy storage)
- Manage project budgets, including expense forecasts, spend-to-date, and invoice approvals.
- Work closely with the Company’s partners to drive the project development process and achieve successful outcomes within set timelines and budgets.
- Manage the Company’s subcontractors, vendors, and consultants who will assist the Project Manager with the project development tasks.
- Assign tasks and track deliverables from cross-functional team members and external partners.
- Coordinate project meetings and report to Company management.
- Utilise the Company’s project development software and other tools to develop detailed project plans, track progress against the plan, mitigate risk, and provide management reports.
- Proactively identify, manage, and mitigate project issues and risks.
- Ensure all project documentation is kept up to date and well organised to facilitate use by internal and external stakeholders.