We are working alongside our client in Civil Engineering based in Columbus, Ohio, OH to hire a Roadway Group Manager.
Who we are
We are a dynamic recruitment and executive search agency that has evolved since our first establishment in 2012. We work with several high-profile clients, startups, and SMEs globally to help them source and retain top-tier talent.
A nationally recognised leader within the multi-disciplinary civil engineering market, with a very strong presence across the United States.
Our client provides leading & innovative design and planning solutions to large and complex civil infrastructure, transportation, and environmental infrastructure projects.
Location: Columbus, Ohio, OH
- Educated with a Bachelor of Science in a related field.
- P.E Certified.
- Demonstrable experience in Roadway Engineering projects in the USA.
- Demonstrable experience in local standards/specifications in the state of Ohio or other local agencies.
- Demonstrable experience in leading and mentoring a team/junior engineers.
- Ability to use software applications including MicroStation, AutoCAD Civil 3D as well as HY-8, HEC-RAS, and StormCAD.
- Demonstrable experience with storm sewer drainage design, erosion control, pavement and pavement marking as well as maintenance of traffic plans.
Role & Responsibilities
The Role & Responsibilities
This role is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding team and business that are heavily invested in the Roadway & Transportation sectors.
This leadership opportunity will look to leverage your experience and expertise across Roadway & Transportation projects, allowing you to oversee the leadership and management of the Roadway & Transportation Ohio team.
The role will also focus on the continued growth of the Roadway & Transportation practice – you will leverage your existing contacts within the industry as well as identify and pursue new business development opportunities, securing future work alongside the current pipeline of work already secured with both public and private clients in Ohio.
- Oversee the delivery and project management of Roadway and Transportation projects in Ohio.
- Oversee the coordination of project activities and workforce planning, organising project teams, and directing project staff where required.
- Actively partake and engage in business development and proposals activities, leveraging existing client relationships as well as helping to identify new opportunities, increasing the market share and pipeline of projects for future work.
- Ensure constant communication and dialogue with local, federal, and state clients including ODOT.
- Oversee project management activities including scope, schedule, budgets, and quality, undertaking technical tasks including research, design, reporting, and plan preparation.
- Develop and mentor junior and senior staff engineers within the team.