We are working alongside our client in the General Contracting industry based in Los Angeles to hire a Senior Superintendent.
Who we are
We are a dynamic recruitment and executive search agency that has evolved since our first establishment in 2012. We work with several high-profile clients, start-ups, and SMEs globally to help them source and retain top-tier talent.
Our client is a reputable and well-established general contractor that has, for over 45 years, been specialising in the construction of education, multifamily, and healthcare projects across Los Angeles.
Location: Los Angeles
Bachelor's in Construction Management, or other relevant field, and DSA certification required. 10-15 years experience working for a GC on education projects (both K-14 and Higher Education preferred). Effective management skills and proven leadership qualities. Strong problem-solving, organisational, analytical, and time management skills. Excellent communication and mentoring skills. Passionate about construction and naturally self-motivated, self-directed, and pro-active.
Role & Responsibilities
- Direct supervision of field team members including Foreman, Subcontractors, and Superintendents.
- Maintain constant coordination with the Sr. Project Manager to develop site logistic plans and schedules, and assist with ensuring all construction activities are completed by quality, design, schedule, and budget.
- Assist with providing technical assistance including electrical, fire protection, mechanical, and plumbing.
- Cultivate and maintain good relations with clients, including representatives of the Owner, Architect/Engineer, and other partners.
- Ensure quality is maintained by conducting quality inspections and developing quality controls and assurances.
- Coordinate site inspection and testing efforts.
- Monitor costs including material and labor time.
- Ensure all site activities are being conducted in compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Manage schedules and prepare daily superintendent reports documenting field conditions, subcontractor operations, weather conditions, and conditions that could impact the progress of the project.
- Ensure all activities take place on or ahead of schedule.
- Conduct subcontractor meetings and participate in project meetings.
- Provide training, mentoring, and support to field Superintendents and Engineers.